The Cortland Community Foundation connects people who care with causes that matter. Our deep commitment to the welfare of the area we serve and our in-depth understanding of the issues, opportunities and resources that shape our region make us uniquely suited to help donors achieve their charitable goals.
We focus our work where both the needs and the opportunities for success are the greatest, strengthening our community today, tomorrow and for generations to come. Our grant awards help the arts to flourish, natural resources to be enjoyed, history to be preserved, and residents of all ages to thrive. In fact, your heartfelt generosity can make an impact far greater than you may imagine.
Your Investment at Work
Since its inception in 1998, the Cortland Community Foundation has awarded more than $2.6 million to 93 different nonprofit organizations in the Greater Cortland area. Every dollar donated stays local.
Here are just a few recent examples of our donors’ investments at work:
- $60,000 to the YWCA of Cortland – for new addition and upgrades
- $45,000 to the Cortland Repertory Theatre – toward the construction of CRT Downtown
- $25,000 to the City of Cortland Parks & Recreation Department – toward the construction of the new Wickwire Pool
- $23,000 to the Family Reading Partnership of Cortland County – toward books, bookmarks and promotional literature for its Books-to-Grow-On Program
- $15,000 to the Elizabeth Brewster House – toward the replacement of the nurses’ call system
- $11,000 to Lime Hollow Nature Center – toward the construction of the outdoor amphitheater at its Environmental Education Center
- $10,000 to the Fraziska Racker Center – toward the construction of a new playground at its Cortland site
- $6,200 to Cortland Loaves & Fishes – for the purchase of a new walk-in freezer
The Cortland Community Foundation Helps:
the Needy, the Elderly, the Sick, Children and Families, People with Disabilities, and more.
The Cortland Community Foundation Supports:
the Arts, Education, History, Agriculture, Environmental Conservation and more.